BIOBASE4SME | Biocamp 2019
Deadline for applications: 18 March 2019
Where: Bovendonk, Hoeven, the Netherlands
When: 5 May – 10 May 2019
Apply now for a fully funded, specialist training for you and your business, worth €7000 (de-minimis value). Join other new, high-growth, bio-based businesses for an intensive, week-long course that will give you the tools you need to help you commercialise your idea and grow your company.
DOWNLOAD the event flyer.
Each session of the training programme will start with a lecture from an expert in a key aspect of business growth followed by a group exercise mediated by an experienced facilitator. You will apply the learning from the session to your own company and pitch to investors at the end of the Biocamp.
How you will benefit:
- mentoring sessions with successful business leaders and investors
- masterclasses from experts in finance, regulation, risk and opportunity
- live pitch to a panel of specialist investors, active in the sector
- peer-to-peer learning and networking with biobased companies from across NW Europe
What you will learn:
- how to analyse your value proposition and develop your business model
- identifying and securing your customers and other people you need to grow
- how to address operations, intellectual property and risk management
- communicating effectively with your investors, customers and suppliers
What is included:
- all course materials
- all teaching, lecturing and mentoring
- investor pitch opportunity
- accommodation and catering at the historic Bovendonk Hotel in the Dutch countryside
- social programme to encourage networking
Eager, innovative companies and start-ups working in the bioeconomy which are based in the Interreg North West Europe area.
OVERVIEW OF THE TRAINING PROGRAMME
Day 1 | Sunday 5 May: arrive early evening
- Welcome and introduction to BioBase4SME
- Networking activity and introductory company pitches
Day 2 | Monday 6 May
- Key note speaker on opportunities in the bio-based economy
- What is your value proposition – who will buy your product or service?
- Key note from successful business that has realised its value proposition
- Introduction to Lean Canvas business model – explore company vision, risk and assumptions
Day 3 | Tuesday 7 May
- Customer discovery: how to validate your value proposition and business model
- Leadership activity
- Strategic communications
- Social evening in Breda
Day 4 | Wednesday 8 May
- Operations: managing quality, meeting expectations, reducing overheads
- Successful outsourcing
- Key note on protecting your intellectual property
- Intellectual property activity
- Bioeconomy innovation game, by TNO
Day 5 | Thursday 9 May
- Key note on investor viewpoint
- Developing pitching skills
- Participants are paired with business leaders for one-to-one mentoring sessions
Day 6 | Friday 10 May
- Pitch preparation: work to develop a convincing investor pitch
- Pitch fest: Live pitch to panel of specialist investors
For further information: contact Roel Koevoets, REWIN West-Brabant , +31(6)22 663 934 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 18 March 2019.
Applications will be reviewed by the project committee, you will receive a final confirmation on your participation by Friday 5 April 2019.